Click HERE to view the entire document compiled by Elmer J. Erickson.
January 7, 1878 - The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors created what was known until 1886 as the Pasadena School District.
March 15, 1878 - Miss S. G.. Harris was employed as teacher at a salary of $50 per month.
March 17, 1885 - New school (costing $1,550, including bell, outhouses and appurtenances) was accepted. Built by Ripley and Ridgeway. Paid from balance of bond money, money received by sale of School House Hill, and building other balances. First El Centro School.
December 7, 1886 - On motion it was ordered that the name of the district be changed from Pasadena to South Pasadena
July 16, 1892 - The census marshall reported 161 children in the district between the ages of 5 and 17.
December 3, 1904 - Election to establish High School. Yes 69; No 7.
March 23, 1906 - $65,000 high school bonds voted: 201 to 41.
April 2, 1906 - High School site of six acres, bounded by Fremont, Bank, Diamond and Rollin Streets, was purchased. Price $15,000.
October 1911 - Lincoln Park School completed. $2,085
December 6, 1911 - Marengo kindergarten building. $3,660.
June 17, 1912 - Mr. Bush elected Superintendent
August 31, 1920 - Portable buildings for:
El Centro Street School - $1,645
Lincoln Park School - $1,580
Marengo Avenue School- $4,088
July 26, 1921 - Site for Oneonta School purchased. $25,000
September 1921 - Annexation of San Marino to South Pasadena High School District approved.
December 2, 1924 - Junior High School site purchased. $94,600