Parents who wish to pre-enroll their new middle school student (entering 6th, 7th or 8th grade, and not currently attending a SPUSD school) for the2017-2018 school year may contact Mr. Larry Parkhill at email@example.com after Monday, April 17, 2017, to set up a registration appointment.
Please read the paragraph below for information on the process.
If you are a South Pasadena resident, and your child previously attended an elementary school or SPMS, you do
not need to complete a new online registration. Simply email Mr. Parkhill at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment, and indicate the student's name, date of birth, last school, grade and year he/she attended in SPUSD.
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION FOR 2017-2018
Before starting the registration process, please make sure you have a valid address where you currently reside within the boundary of the South Pasadena Unified School District – zip code 91030 only.
One item from each of the following 6 areas must be presented at the time of your registration appointment. All documents must be originals and must include the name of the parent/guardian and the South Pasadena address.
- Driver’s License or Legal Photo Identification of Parent/Guardian
- Original birth certificate, hospital certificate or passport
- Student immunization record - (yellow) Californian Immunization card or doctor records
Three (3) residency verification documents are required for enrollment. Must provide one from each category.
- Category A – Deed of Trust, mortgage payment receipt (dated within the past month), rental/lease agreement listing all names of occupants and the name, address, phone number and signature of landlord/management company. Also property tax bill (dated within the past year) or closing escrow papers.
- Category B – utility bill (example: So. California Edison, The Gas Company, Water Bill), or cable/internet provider bill (example: Time Warner, Direct TV) – dated within the past month
- Category C – an additional utility bill [different than what is provided in Category B] (example: Southern California Edison, The Gas Company, Water Bill) - dated within the past month, current car registration (dated within the past year), car insurance statement (dated within the past 6 months to 1 year), health insurance statement (dated within the past month), bank statement (or signed letter on bank letterhead with the South Pasadena address, dated within the past month), current federal or state tax correspondences - dated within the past 6 months.
In addition, the most recent report card is also required, as well as CAASPP state test scores for 2015-2016, if applicable. If there are special circumstances (ESL, Special Education, or health problems) please provide appropriate documentation, such as CELDT test scores or current IEP or 504 plan.
The final step prior to requesting an appointment is to go to my.spusd.net and complete the registration application in Aeries Internet Registration (AIR). Please do not use all capital or all lower-case letters. You must fill in all required information. Two printed copies of your completed AIR registration must be submitted at the time of your appointment with Mr. Parkhill. All new students MUST take a math placement test before they can be given a class schedule. There are only two dates available for math placement testing prior to the first day of school: August 4th and August 11th. Testing will be in the administration office at South Pasadena Middle School. Students must report no later than 8:45 am. Testing begins at 9 AM and the estimated testing time is 2 hours.
Once you have all of the above listed documentation, please contact Mr. Parkhill by email at: email@example.com to request an appointment. Please leave a return phone number when requesting an appointment. Even though Mr. Parkhill will be on summer break from June 16th, returning at the beginning of August, he will be viewing emails and setting appointments prior to his return. For the 2017-2018, the first day of school has not yet been established.